الخميس، 31 أكتوبر 2013

Let's Discuss Those Fiber-Adding Mascara Systems. Are You a Fan?

applying-mascara One of my life pursuits (I'm not kidding either) is finding products that make my nonexistent, short, pale lashes look full, gorgeous, and—this is important—not fake. I've tried false lashes and lash extensions, but I like the idea of being able to control how much "lash" I have on any given day, which is why mascara is ideal. I definitely have my go-to mascaras, but sometimes I want a little more oomph. Enter brush-on lash fibers.
If you've never used a product like this before, here's how they work: You brush on your normal mascara, then from a separate tube you brush on fine, dry fibers, then seal it all with a final coat of mascara. The brush-on fibers will add more volume to your lashes, but they sort of look like dandelion fluff, and they do sometimes float down to your cheeks.
We had a bit of debate here about whether they're the best thing ever or just a big pain in the neck. But I'm here to say I think the hassle is worth it because of the lash payoff you get in the end. Just follow these rules:
Tape: At the Jason Wu spring 2014 show, makeup artist Diane Kendal put tons of fine gold glitter on the models' eyelids. I asked her how to deal with the inevitable glitter shedding, and she told me she used Scotch tape pressed gently to the face to lift up the glitter. The same trick works with these lash fibers.
Eyes First: Do your eye makeup before your face makeup. That way if you have to do a bit of cleanup, it won't mess up your foundation.
Look Down: You need to look down when you're applying the fibers to minimize the floaters. Don't look up and open your eyes really wide the way you do when applying regular mascara, or you'll get an eyeful of fuzz.
If you're interested, try these two systems. I've had good luck with both:
fiber-mascaras Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes, $29: This system includes the fibers and mascara, and it’s exclusive at QVC until the end of the month. I like the squat brush. You can be precise about where you put the fibers. Sometimes you just need a bit more in the outer corners of your lashes.
Too Faced Better Than False Lashes Lash Extension System, $35: This system is great for getting maximum volume quickly. The applicator brush is long and narrow so it deposits a lot all at once. I have experienced very little fiber fallout with this brand too.
Have you ever tried fiber extensions? Tell me your favorite lush lash tricks because I always need new ones!

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق